2015-2017 students: Janeen & Armen, Kerry, Dawn & Jim, Sandy C., Marci & Drew, Carina Vanitha & Theresa, Ellen


Janeen and Armen, mother and 14 year old son, came Aug. 2016 - June 2017. It is so nice to get to know kind and thoughtful children and see their sweet interactions with their moms. 

"Deb is a wonderfully patient teacher. She is easy going and full of expertise. She welcomes questions and is always willing to help when I get stuck. I'm so glad I found her pottery studio and I always look forward to going." - Janeen








Janeen brought a friend, Kerry, for 4 classes, early 2017.


Armen's big bowl


 


Dawn and Jim came Feb. - May 2017. 

"A gift from our daughter turned out to be a real eye-openner. She signed my wife and I up for Deb's class. What a great teacher. Who knew I could actually create pottery....and have a blast doing it! Under her tutelage I managed to crank out three pretty awesome pieces. Thanks Deb." - Jim



Jim's above, Dawn's below.



 


A friend, Sandy C., tried out pottery for a time in 2017 too.



 


Fun-loving pottery beginners, Marci and Drew
(mother and adult son) came 4 times from Jan.-April 2017.
Drew's

Marci's


 


Carina, Vanitha and Theresa...These three ladies came together for five classes in 2015.

"Friday am pottery with Debra was a lot of fun!  Learning to use the wheel to create art was really cool.  Debra is a perfectionist who teaches the correct techniques and the result is something you are happy to bring home!" - Theresa B.

"I always wanted to do pottery in this country (I'm from Argentina), and then I found Debra's studio. I enjoy Debra's class because she explains in detail everything you have to know and more.

I loved to see my pieces finished. I didn't expect to see the amazing colors on it. I enjoyed so much going to your classes to learn pottery. Now and in the future, I'll start to value more each piece of ceramic because it is not an easy thing to do by hand, it requires techniques, practice and time. Thanks Debra!" - Carina

 

 


 

Ellen, March-June 2016

"I've loved pottery my entire life and have always wanted to take lessons. I've finally found some time to pursue this dream.

Debra is an intuitive and patient teacher, who tailors her style to the students objectives. My objective is not to make a few pots but to learn the skill of throwing on the wheel...really learn it. So my classes tend to run a bit slow due to my desire to understand what I'm doing, why and then if the outcome was as expected..pottery classes.so I ask a lot of questions. I approach it as a problem (undeveloped skill) that needs to be solved.

Debra has taught me enough of the basics to feel confident enough to get my own wheel and continue to solve the problem...practice, practice, practice some more.

What you also get when you work with Debra is the practical side of pottery; how to work smart, safe and ecologically. All important lessons one doesn't consider when you think about making pottery, but just as important as the skill itself if you want to have your own studio. I'm very lucky to have found Deb's studio!" - Ellen